Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Wearing green, corned beef and cabbage, and of course a drink or two are par for the day. But here are 5 things you might not know about today.
1. The original color for St. Patrick was blue.
2. The 1st St. Patrick’s Day parade was held in Boston in 1737.
3. For short, it’s St. Paddy not St. Patty. St. Patty is for St. Patricia, patron saint of Naples, celebrated in August.
4. Guinness is lo-cal! A pint is 198 calories; less than most light beers, wine, orange juice, or low fat milk.
5. Shamrocks were used by St. Patrick to teach the Catholic concept of the Trinity.
Enjoy your day and please remember to celebrate responsibly; don’t drink and drive.