Archive for September, 2011

First hand tale of a family saved by Nicole’s Law

In 2005, Governor Mitt Romney signed into law legislation that requires carbon monoxide detectors in all homes with potential sources of carbon monoxide – those with fossil-fuel burning equipment or enclosed parking areas. It is better known as Nicole’s Law, in remembrance of 7-year old Nicole Garofalo, who died on January 28, 2005 after her Plymouth home was filled with deadly amounts of carbon monoxide on January 24. The furnace vents had been blocked by snow during a power outage.

Details of this law can be found on the state’s web site located here.

More